Actively managed ETFs were spawned from the battle of ETFs vs Mutual funds. Investors liked the simplicity and advantages of ETFs, but also liked the active maintenance and trading that mutual funds offer. The hybrid was actively managed ETFs.
While a relatively new ETF innovation, it's not an unpopular one. This list of actively managed ETFs is short for now, but will grow as more and more investors reap the benefits of these funds in their ETF trading strategies.
1. AADR - WCM/BNY Mellon Focused Growth ADR ETF
An actively managed ADR (American Depository Receipts) ETF that consists of 20-30 holdings that focus on secotrs in both developed and emerging market foreign regions.
2. ACCU - AdvisorShares Accuvest Global Opportunities ETFTracks indexes such as the MSCI All Country World Index and consists of other country-specific ETFs.
3. ALT - iShares Diversified Alternatives Trust ETF
This iShares ETF is made up of commodity, bond, currency and interest rate futures in order to expose discrepancies in the pricing of financial instruments. The fund intends to profit from the deviations of current asset prices and their historical norms.
4. ELD - WisdomTree Emerging Markets Local Debt Fund
Emerging Markets ETF designed to provide exposure to emerging market debt denominated in local currencies.
5. EMLP - First Trust North American Energy Infrastructure ETFA Master Limited Partnership (MLP) fund from First Trust that consists of about 65% energy companies and 35% utility companies.
6. FWDB - Madrona Forward Global Bond ETF
AdvisorShares forward-looking strategy international bond fund managed by Madrona.
7. FWDD - Madrona Forward Domestic ETF
AdvisorShares forward-looking US ETF managed by Madrona.
8. FWDI - Madrona Forward International ETF
AdvisorShares forward-looking strategy international fund managed by Madrona.